HP Presario CQ36-113tx discrete graphics getting in the way of start up (2010 model)

well i gave ubuntu another shot after reading that *ATI Catalyst™ 10.3
Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver  *might have been incorperated into the
latest release of lucid.  So i downloaded and burnt
ubuntu-10.04-beta1-desktop-i386.iso  and went and ran it on my laptop, and
wow i have a gui display for the installation.

i'm currently installing ubuntu 10.04 beta 1 onto my system as we speak,
will let you know how it goes after installation