Re: RadeonHD+IntelGMA switchable

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010, Andreas Demmer wrote:
On Tuesday 13 July 2010 00:12:14 Ruslan N. Marchenko wrote:
Does this mean, you got the fglrx driver running with switchable graphics
turned on?

I have an HP Envy 14 note book which has no switch in BIOS to disable
switchable graphics. I pachted fglrx that it installs fine on a 2.6.34 kernel
but I got the same Xorg error on startup and Xorg failed:

(EE) fglrx(0): Invalid video BIOS signature!

How did you work around this issue?

No, i don't have workaround for this, all this part is hidden in binary blob. I just patched open part, which has module initialisation to inject there code which registers fglrx as vgaswitcheroo client making it possible to switch the card on or off. But running Xorg still gives this video bios error. Also since fb part is also hidden in blob, even using fglrx as console driver is impossible (probably there is some way to fetch fbcon drm device and trigger fb remapping event, but I haven't found it yet) making fglrx just a module to gracefuly manage ati power states %)

---
 Looking forward to reading yours.
   Ruslan N. Marchenko