Re: Current state?

On Friday 26 November 2010 20:06:34 Jonas wrote:
> Hi Michał,
>
> That's good news I guess.
> I'll give it a try, but your hw seems somewhat more powerfull than mine:
>

>    - Intel Atom D525 Dual Core Processor 1.8GHz (1MB L2 cache)
>    - 2GB DDR3 RAM (800MHz)
>    -
>
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation N10 Family Integrated
> Graphics Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
> 00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Device 0a76 (rev a2)
> (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
>
> And the nvidia linux drivers are fukt, so I'll be using the Intel GPU.
>
> You think VA API will run smooth enough on this?
It won't, Intel is playing its usual game with the Atom : its IGP does just
suck, nothing else.
It's great, you have what they call a GMA 3150. Which is nothing like a GMA
X3100, which I believed it was when I bought one.
The GMA 3150 is based on the old i945. With terrible performance, and of course
no HD support at all.
To make it short : you can not use VA API with your Atom...