hybrid "switcheroo" on Intel/ATI - Lenovo W500/T500 (ATPX ACPI)

Hey Folks,

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad W500 that I just installed Linux Mint 10 (based on
Ubuntu 10.10) on and would like to get David Airlie's hybrid "switcheroo"
working. He mentions my hardware configuration specifically as one of the
ATPX methods supported in his kernel patch...

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=6a9ee8af344e3bd7dbd61e67037096cdf7f83289

"4 combinations of systems typically exist - with 2 ACPI methods.
Intel/ATI - Lenovo W500/T500 - use ATPX ACPI method
ATI/ATI - some ASUS - use ATPX ACPI Method
Intel/Nvidia - - use _DSM ACPI method
Nvidia/Nvidia -  - use _DSM ACPI method."

mine being the "Intel/ATI - Lenovo W500/T500 - use ATPX ACPI method" and
additionally I've found a guide detailing how to implement this on Ubuntu
10.10 (32 bit):

http://asusm51ta-with-linux.blogspot.com/

My question:

Since the guide is specifically for an ASUSM51Ta with an "ATI/ATI" hybrid
gpu configuration running the 32 bit version of Ubuntu 10.10;

*What changes might I anticipate needing to make to the procedure detailed
in the guide above if I want to implement the hybrid "switcheroo" on an
"Intel/ATI" hybrid gpu configuration running on the 64 bit version of Ubuntu
10.10?*

Thanks!
Han

Follow ups