Re: Asus 1215N success

Nuno

I will readily admit that I semi-blindly bought my Samsung QX410
assuming that the NVIDIA drivers would work under Linux.  When I first
encountered difficulty starting X, I went to NVIDIA's site
(http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux-display-amd64-260.19.29-driver.html)
to verify compatibility with my card.  Sure enough my 310M "is
supported".  Realistically, we all know it doesn't work, as I
discovered in subsequent Google searches.  Anyway, my point is, that
it could be very easy for someone to belive that the binary blobs will
work, since the manufacturer's site "confirms" this "fact".

dborkowski@obiwan ~ $ sudo lspci | egrep 'VGA|3D'
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
01:00.0 3D controller: nVidia Corporation GT218 [GeForce 310M] (rev ff)
dborkowski@obiwan ~ $