Re: Success on Asus EeePC 1015PN

Hi,

I also managed to power Ion down using \_SB.PCI0.P0P4.DGPU.DOFF
The problem is this GraphicsSwitch Utility. Every time Linux is
booted, the "Optimus" setting is somehow lost meaning
- if you boot into Win7 again, your netbook will be in ION-only mode
meaning you have to reboot to use Win7 in Optimus-mode properly
- if you boot Linux second time, intel chip is hidden (lspci) and you
can only use ion (no way to power it down, here)

I really do not understand what this tool is doing. Does it write to
bios and simply change a flag? But why the hell is linux overwriting
this flag?
Does it do something with the efi-partition?
Maybe the next thing to do is to reverese engineer this application.

Thing is, with all this required rebooting, this netbook is pretty
useless for me as I need it both for windows and linux :(
I hope we can make any progress with this Switch Utility issue soon
because else I'm thinking about exchanging this nb :(

Thanks to the whole team for all your work!

Follow ups