Re: Asus N53J: how to deactivate Intel chipset (and keep nVidia)?

Well if its just hd movies, your processor/intel graphics combo should sort
it out. but like you said, for other uses that require the nvidia it is a
bit of a problem. ok what i do know is if you use the open source nouveau
drivers, you can get acceleration out of the intel card. but with the nvidia
proprietary drivers, they'd work only if the graphics has sort of been
switched to the nvidia side in windows. Well that's what i have from
experience. it sounds absurd but thats how it worked for me. i made sure the
optimus drivers are not installed on the windows side. somehow that seems to
leave the graphics on the nvidia side. and then in linux its straightforward
from there.