Re: Anyone manage to switch ON discreet graphics?

On 03/03/2011 06:44 PM, Orion wrote:
I did install the UCC - it had no impact whatsoever. As far as I am understand it relies on vga-switcheroo as underlying technique
Yes it does, but somehow with it I succeeded only once (of course with logout, login).
Otherwise when manually sending to
/sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch
nothing changes.

And now in Natty UCC is completely wrong. It says that I'm using the high performance card, which is not true, and nothing changes after "switching" - it stays the same.

Since we have nearly the same laptop and i'm investigating possibilities everyday for almost a month and so far I think that the best bet would be hacking the bios (insyde) firmware. There are forums that deal with this but so far I'm too busy and this laptop is the only computer, so I can't afford to try with such experiments.