Re: Schenker M4S XMG A700 Advanced Gaming Notebook Nvidia GT 425M Optimus

> But I *can* load the Nvidia binaries, even that no chance to get my dGPU running?

I believe the answer here is no. At least you won't be able to see the
output of the Nvidia GPU. In Optimus laptops, the Nvidia GPU is not
connected to the actual display, instead it just renders into the same
surface as the IGP which then displays the image. So while the driver
may load and it may even be rendering the X desktop for you, it has no
way of actually sending the output to the screen.

I'm sure I have messed up some details, but that is the basic idea. I
don't have the links handy, but there are a few forum posts around
that explain this in more detail. Also Nvidia have released an Optimus
whitepaper, that goes into plenty of detail.

/mike.