Re: MSI fx600 asus-vgaswitcheroo

2011/4/22 Michał Ochociński <ochocinski.michal@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On MSI Fx600 Doesn't work.
>
> When I wrote "DIS" to /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch, I have got a
> blank screen.
> echo "IGD" > /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch restores screen. I don't
> have running Xorg.
> echo "OFF" > /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch doesn't switch off
> discrete graphic. No battery time improvement.
> Module asus-vgaswitcheroo loaded properly.
>
> But, acpi_call works well.
> Trying \_SB.PCI0.P0P2.PEGP._OFF: works!
>
> I think the problem might be with modeset. I don't see
> '/sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch' when modeset is switched off.

I think i915 doesn't register a vga switcheroo client w/o mode
setting, and you won't get vga switcheroo enabled (and thus see the
debugfs entry) without two clients.

Too bad it doesn't work for the MSI system, but I can't say I'm
surprised.  I don't see any of the right entry points in the DSDT.  In
fact, I don't even see the _OFF method for the PEGP device or a _DSM
method that would work with either this module or the optimus
switching.  You might disassemble and post your SSDTs to see if
they've hidden them there.  BTW, I assume you get the same behavior
with or without asus-switcheroo loaded, right?  Thanks,

Alex