Re: doubs asus-switcheroo in asus u36jc

I've been doing some test on my asus u36jc:

1- After the little hack you proposed us (to get the module asus-switcheroo
successfully launched) I still can not rise the X with the nouveau driver,
the screen remains black and I can do nothing. BUT! if I connect a screen
through the HDMI that sreen boot with the nouveau driver! Although I still
can't use the laptop screen...it's a progress!

2-I also try to use the nvidia's private driver, because the experience with
nouveau is still very poor. after try i (a lot) it was a complete failure.
After blacklist the nouveau driver and launch the asus-switch module as
dummy (adding the line asus-switcher.dummy-client=1
to /etc/initramfs-tools/modules and updating the initramfs) I got nothing

3- As you say, Fedora works perfect with a 3D desktop experience, but there
are no luck with ubuntu natty. It seems the ubuntu team decided to exclude
the gallium 3D of nouveau for stability reasons (
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OTM2Mw)

thats all. If you need any log file I'll be glad to help you

thanks again!