Re: Wiki

As a user with an unsupported configuration (see earlier post) - I
would find it useful to see a table of current support and progress.

I understand the community wish for 100% support - to aid this a table
showing various configurations (e.g. a Dell Vostro 3750 laptop) and
the status of support for that - such as 'in progress','no active
development', etc.

Users with unsupported hardware (like me) can update the table (which
will indicate to this community devices where support is wanted) along
with any other information such as links to DSL files etc. This way it
can also act like a TODO list and can be prioritised by number of
'bumps' for each configuration.

Users could also use this table to indicate that there are willing to
help in any testing efforts.

Andrew Murray

On 27 April 2011 14:23, Alessandro Accardo <julius8774@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It would be nice to have even a per-distro guide on the wiki, so a
> non-expert user can make his work for himself and we should have a less
> painful mailing list. :-P
>
> 2011/4/27 Fra B <frab1215@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> this is a good idea
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Tyler Wagler <tyler.wagler@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> If everyone thinks it would be beneficial, I can start to put together a
>>> Wiki of devices with working methods for each. Other ideas, suggestions?

Andrew Murray, Embedded Linux Group
MPC Data Limited
e-mail: amurray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  web: www.mpc-data.co.uk
tel: +44 (0) 1225 710600               fax: +44 (0) 1225 710601
ddi: +44 (0) 1225 710665

MPC Data Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with
company number 05507446
Registered Address: County Gate, County Way, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 7FJ
VAT no: 850625238

The information in this email and in the attached documents is
confidential and may be
legally privileged. Any unauthorized review, copying, disclosure or
distribution is
prohibited and may be unlawful. It is intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this
email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, please
contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the
original message. When
addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this
email is subject to
the terms and conditions expressed in the governing contract.