Re: AMD PowerXpress hybrid graphics -- Catalyst 11.4 pre-release testing

Reporting partial success here, I've been able to get proprietary
fglrx drivers working and able to switch on a new natty x64 install.

The steps I've done are the following (I think some links in the

- Install drivers through Jockey (Additional Drivers from System/Administration)

execute the following commands:

cd /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions
sudo mv libglx.so FGL.renamed.libglx.so
sudo ln -s FGL.renamed.libglx.so  libglx.so

sudo mkdir fglrx
sudo ln -s libglx.so fglrx/fglrx-libglx.so

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so /usr/lib/libGL.so
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2 /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2

sudo aticonfig --initial

Now I'm able to switch using the ATI Catalyst Control Center and then
restarting X.

Problem is that when using integrated card I have no 3D accelleration,
or at least I think so because unity complains and falls back to
ubuntu classic interface as neither glxinfo nor fglrxinfo work (same
error).

$ glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no
such operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  136 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
  Serial number of failed request:  15

fglrxinfo works fine when using discrete card.