Re: some hybrid linux hack (rather dirty)

Hi Florian,

> i recently bought a laptop (msi cx640) using nvidia optimus
> unknowingly, that it was pretty unusable to me on linux.
> however i found a (rather dirty) hack to be able to at least use my
> nvidia graphics card, so that i dont have to throw my laptop into the
> trashbin.

	I've been experimenting the same kind of approach by using vnc
(x11vnc + vncviewer). I'm running two X servers on the same host, one
intel and one nvidia. I have to force the two X servers to be on the
same vt to trick both X to "render" at the same time, rather dirty too.

	Performance isn't great as expected. I got quite a lot of
tearing when I was testing with some GL apps/games. But it's usable at
least.

	I haven't tried your windump app yet. I believe you can get
some performance gain by using the Xdamage protocol, which x11vnc uses
by default. Though I'm not an X expert either.

	This is on an Alienware M11x-R2 btw.

Pigeon.