Re: HP Pavilion DM4 1162sf

Hi,

Made few tests and searches in SSDT files and find 3 methods :
\_SB_.PCI0.P0P2.PEGP._STA : supposed to give actual status of the
discrete card
\_SB_.PCI0.P0P2.PEGP._OFF : disable the card
\_SB_.PCI0.P0P2.PEGP._ON : enable the card

I made tests and I have more or less win ....

#on intel (i915) card without any switch
echo '\_SB_.PCI0.P0P2.PEGP._STA' > /proc/acpi/call
cat /proc/acpi/call
0xf -> I assume that means that the card is active ...

lspci |grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Manhattan
[Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series]

echo '\_SB_.PCI0.P0P2.PEGP._OFF' > /proc/acpi/call
cat /proc/acpi/call
0x1

echo '\_SB_.PCI0.P0P2.PEGP._STA' > /proc/acpi/call
cat /proc/acpi/call
0x0 -> I assume that means that the card is disabled (buggy acpi on this
laptop didn't give rate information so it's difficult to be sure)

lspci |grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Manhattan
[Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series] (rev ff) -> difference before the
disable, confirmation that it's disabled ? (I assumed so...but when I
passed this command at first I thought that there wiil be no ATI
line....)

echo '\_SB_.PCI0.P0P2.PEGP._ON' > /proc/acpi/call
cat /proc/acpi/call
0x1603103c

echo '\_SB_.PCI0.P0P2.PEGP._STA' > /proc/acpi/call
cat /proc/acpi/call
0xf -> same status as before first disable good point (I think)

lspci |grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Manhattan
[Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series] -> the same as before tests so good
thing

BUT : if i try to switch on ATI, black screen with blinking "_"....

Someone have an idea about what I made wrong ?

last thing that I do not understand, why vga_switcheroo speaks about
"VGA switcheroo: detected switching method \_SB_.PCI0.GFX0.ATPX handle"
I didn't find anything in SSDT/DSDT about this....
Can I assume that vga_switcheroo do not work on my laptop (even if it
thinks that it works...) ?

Last thing :
ls /proc/acpi/video/
GFX0  PEGP

I assume that PEPG is the ATI card and GFX0 the integrated one. Am I
wrong ?

Sorry for all this question, but If someone can help me, I'll thank him
a lot !!!!!

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,