bumblebee & dell xps 17

[resend, forgot to cc list]

Hi Martin,

First thanks for your work on Optimus, it's nice to see there is some
hope on making this work on Linux.

I have cloned the git tree and installed (with minor modifications, for
ex. nvidia-current package does not exist on Debian) bumblebee, and it
seems to work : I see the nvidia logo when booting, and I have something
like 16000 fps with glxgears :)

Hardware is:
Dell XPS 17 with nvidia GT555M

I have one problem, and one question however:

- resolution is limited to 1360x768, while the normal resolution should
be 1980x1024. I tried to change it with xrandr, it fails:
$ xrandr -s 1980x1024
Size 1980x1024 not found in available modes

Do you know where this can be changed ? I tried changing it in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.optimus but it didn't change anything

- If I want to start using the 'normal' (without nvidia optimus card
loaded) screen to save battery, how can I do that ? Removing
/etc/X11/xorg.conf does not seems enough, it seems a driver is
preventing X to start correctly (got a no screen found, if I force intel
as driver I have a very low resolution).

Thanks,
Pierre

Follow ups