Fun and progress with hybrid-windump.

Hi guys, I've been fiddling around with both Gebart's and Berger's windumps for about a month now and I've been learning quite a lot.

Previous limitations such as requiring the Nvidia vanilla binary, an overly cumbersome Xorg configuration, an inability to easily control the dumped Nvidia desktop, and a thirst for hosing your computer have been lifted.

The only thing that has been lost for the moment is matching the Nvidia desktop to the native resolution of the LVDS. GL on the Intel desktop is still not working.

What has been gained is nearly effortless use of VDPAU as a video output in mplayer2 and Flash. There have been two bonus surprises: NV17 Texture Video available on both desktops before windumping and the ability of Nouveau (using attached xorg.conf but changing to nouveau) to also windump.

The next steps are probably far more complicated since I know pretty much jack about the graphics stack. Above all else, windump needs to be redesigned but I'm curious to know whether it can be used if an appropriate xorg.conf is loaded by Bumblebee (the attached does allow Bumblebee to function properly).

Finally, I'd like to thank Fabio Giovagnini for sharing a nice dual-head xorg.conf to work with.

If you guys have any ideas or thoughts, feel free to share.

- Eric

Ref: https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee/issues/38
Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Layout0"
    Screen      0  "Screen0"
    Screen      1  "Screen1" LeftOf "Screen0"
EndSection

Section "Files"
    ModulePath "/usr/lib/nvidia-current/xorg,/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "nVidia"
    Driver         "nvidia"