Re: nvidia driver update allegedly fixing bug to load driver on systems with integrated graphics

Hi Bruno,

> *Fixed a bug that would cause applications which export custom allocation
> functions to our driver (such as Adobe Flash in Firefox or Chrome) to crash.
> *
>
> Maybe that would fix the issue we were linking to Chrome sandbox.

I don't think so, our issue is related with LD_LIBRARY_PATH being ignored
because the Chromium
sandbox is a setuid binary. Apparantly, the LD_PRELOAD variable is
preserved which causes the
error message because the VGL faker library is not loaded anymore. I've
tested it by copying
/usr/bin/printenv, chown it to root and chmod it to 2755. Tests:

$ env -i sh -c 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/ LD_PRELOAD=libc.so.6 printenv'
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/
LD_PRELOAD=libc.so.6
PWD=/tmp
$ env -i sh -c 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/ LD_PRELOAD=libc.so.6 ./printenv'
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libc.so.6' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded:
ignored.
PWD=/tmp

This issue also occurs if the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is cleared by a wrapper
program/ script. I
propose to continue this discussion on the approperiate issues on GH.

Regards,
Lekensteyn