Re: How to contribute?

Hello Daniel,

It's a great thing that you want to contribute! Remember that you're not
limited
to a single project, you can take part in multiple ones. Contribution does
not
only mean code, it also means helping others, writing documentation,
artwork,
etc. Since you're a programmer, I guess that the code part will suit the
best for
you.

As for the mentioned projects, TBP/Bumblebee and MrMEEE/ironhide are both
forks of MrMEEE/bumblebee. Since Martin Juhl has dropped support for other
Linux distributions, it's not really helpful to all people since there is
more than
Ubuntu out of here. TBP/Bumblebee currently has developers with varying
developers. The most active ones use Ubuntu and Arch Linux.
https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee

Bumblebee is a temporary (1-2y?) "solution" until the Xorg developers have a
real solution. So, if you want to help with the graphics stack, I suggest
you reading the stuff on http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/Development.
I've
no idea whether that is fully up-to-date, for that I recommend joining the
IRC
channel #nouveau.

Communication mostly go through mailing lists and IRC on Freenode.
Bumblebee users: #bumblebee
Bumblebee development: #bumblebee-dev
Nouveau: #nouveau
Xorg Development: #xorg-devel