Re: Apple Macbook Pro switching on Debian Unstable

El 12/05/12 02:17, Andreas Heider escribió:
* Finally... I'm not so quite interested in the switching functionality
but in using Intel card. I mean... Might it possible without any patched
kernel to just pass some boot parametres so that nvidia card is disabled
and intel card enabled and used? Maybe with patched kernel

Thats possible, and as the switching driver isn't 100% finished and I
don't have the time to do it at the moment it's probably the best
solution for your use case.

See
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEFIBooting#Selecting_the_graphic_card

Well, these are my doubts so far. Thank you for any clue you might
give me.

adrian15

As I had already told it works for me!
I've finally managed to document all of this stuff and I think I haven't missed any piece of it.

You've got all the steps (in Spanish) here:

Usar tarjeta intel integrada en Debian Unstable para MacBook Pro 6,2

http://adrian15sgd.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/usar-tarjeta-intel-integrada-en-debian-unstable-para-macbook-pro-62/

I bbc this message to fluor from poivron.org because according to his howto wanted to know how to apply lvds dual channel to work on newer kernel. Well, the trick was to use the mbp patches and a little of luck of course.

Thank you again! I will be subscribed to the list for a some weeks more, just in case I receive improvements on my instructions, or just someone which uses Debian want some advice on my steps.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/donate/