Re: external monitors and bumblebee

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 01:50:12AM -0700, Jardi Martínez wrote:
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
>   what():  screenclone.cc:78 display
> Aborted

This means that connection to one of the displays can't be established. Make
sure you have you xauth cookies right.

> Also when I run this command:
>
> xrandr --output LVDS1 --auto --output VIRTUAL --mode 1440x900 --right-of LVDS1
>
> I get logged out and I have to log back in. I also noticed that apparently
> bbswitch didn't get installed, isn't it supposed to install automatically
> when I install bumblebee?

And this means X crashes whenever you try to use the virtual crtc and output.
There should be a backtrace somewhere in /var/log/Xorg.log.something, assuming
your distro keeps history of Xorg logs.

From what I've heard, the patch for intel driver 2.18.0 works flawlessly with
2.18.0 and 2.19.0.  Are you running one of those versions?  We know that it
crashes on 2.20.* and I have a fixed patch which I haven't tested but I've
heard it fixes those crashes.  Let me know if you want to test it.

Regards,
--
Tomáš Janoušek, a.k.a. Liskni_si, http://work.lisk.in/