inx-devel team mailing list archive

Re: [Inx] Release Candidate 1 (INX)

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 22:54:13 -0500
"Dan Mazzei" <sehku17@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 4:12 AM, Peter Garrett <inx-one@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > <http://inx.maincontent.net/devel/rc-1/>We are running tests on a torrent
> > which I am  currently hosting.
> >
> > (...)

> Downloaded it using rtorrent, at about 60 KBps (as a matter of fact, we
> might want to include rtorrent, it is a command-line tool)

Yes, but where do the downloads go on a live CD? You can't write to the
hard drive as user "inx" (uid 999).

> Did not see any upload activity.

OK - not surprising that you didn't see any upload since altogether
there have been 7 completed downloads ( only team members know about it
so far)

> > * Does the tracker send error messages (for example, claiming your data
> > port is unreachable) ?
>

> Didn't do that for me.

I think the error only  happened for people who had not port-forwarded
their torrent ports.
[snip]

> > * I have included my "CDMP" CD player in the "Fun" menu :)
> > This means you can play CDs either from a second CD-ROM or from the one
> > you booted with (if you use the "To RAM" option from the bootup screen).
>

> Doesn't mplayer play cds already?  (mplayer -cdda)

Yes, and that's what the CDMP script uses to play CDs :) Just makes it
easier by having key codes for volume, back, forward, pause and so on.
It also lets you choose a range of tracks or a play list, and
uses the abcde ripping program to do cddb lookups .  Give it a try :)

--
Peter Garrett <inx-one@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>