inx-devel team mailing list archive

Announcing INX 1.0 - Join the Swarm!

Hello all,

Well, the cat is (*almost* completely) out of the bag...

https://launchpad.net/inx/+announcements
http://inx.maincontent.net/announce-inx-1.0.html

Text version:
http://inx.maincontent.net/announce-inx.txt

INX 1.0 is now available on the main server at

http://inx.maincontent.net/download.html

The European mirror at inx.boinc.ch has not yet synchronised with the
main site, but I have made the mirror URL point at the existing
inx-1.0.iso on that site, currently still in the /devel/provisional*
directory, so it is usable as well for direct iso downloads.

We have a BitTorrent swarm running, but of course not a lot of activity
there yet.

http://inx.maincontent.net/inx-1.0.iso.torrent

Please join in, and leave your client to seed for other peers in the
swarm on completion. We currently have 8 fully complete downloads,
waiting to seed. See:

http://tabserv.com:6969/

Thanks to Paul O'Malley for hosting the tracker!

Reports from list subscribers about the speed and general
viability of the torrent will be much appreciated, as well. Don't
expect to immediately be seeding (uploading) from your BT client
- it may take a while for people to find out and join in... if indeed
they do ;)

If you are not used to torrents, you might want to read

https://lists.launchpad.net/inx-devel/msg00034.html

(but ignore the part about the interlink.dynalias.org tracker - use the
torrent URL as given in this mail - and read my follow-up correction
in the mail archive as well.)

Feel free to use Digg, your blog or any other means to further announce
INX 1.0. Umm... not Slashdot, please - our generous hosting provider
might not be happy if we were Slashdotted  :)

Thanks to all contributors, testers,  and team members for their
efforts. You know who you are, but for the record, here's a list of
INX team members :

Peter Garrett, Roupam Ghosh, Karl Goetz, Janne Jokitalo, Andre Mangan,
Shelagh Manton, Dan Mazzei, Paul O'Malley, David Symons,
Samson Wong

Apologies to the recent recruits who didn't make it into the Credits
list on the inx-1.0.iso

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 8.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net