ius-community team mailing list archive

Re: yum-plugin-replace

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 9:41 PM, Nat Colley <nat.colley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am I supposed to be seeing output after each wget, or only after the rpm
> command?
>
> I am not seeing any output at all. I signed in as root, changed the * to
> what I could see on the ius site, and this is all I get:
>
> *> # wget http://dl.iuscommunity.org/pub/ius/stable/Redhat/5/x86_64/epel-release-5-4.noarch.rpm**> # wget http://dl.iuscommunity.org/pub/ius/stable/Redhat/5/x86_64/ius-release-1.0-8.ius.el5.noarch.rpm**> # rpm -Uvh ius-release-1.0-8ius.el5.noarch.rpm epel-release-5-4-noarch.rpm*
>
> *> # rpm -Uvh ius-release-1.0-8.ius.el5.noarch.rpm epel-release-5-4-noarch.rpm*
>
> In other words, all I get is what I myself typed in. I'm not getting an
> error message. So this isn't working, but I have no idea why.
> *From:* Jeffrey Ness <jeffrey.ness@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Try "rpm -qa | grep -i ius".  If that doesn't work or no output, maybe your
installation of the ius' rpm didn't work. Try check the downloaded rpm file
itself and see if it is a valid rpm package file - Try "rpm -qlp <the rpm
file>" - This will print the list of the files in the rpm package.

Regards