ius-community team mailing list archive

Re: Possible change from LaunchPad bugs to GitHib issues

Ideally, I think the best solution would be:

 * Turn *off* issues/wiki/etc on all of the iuscommunity-pkg/XXX repos.
 * Every repo would have a README.md that would include a link to "iuscommunity/support” (or whatever its called)
 * All issues, package related or otherwise, would go through “iuscommunity/support”

I just think that having issues spread out across dozens/hundreds of repos will make things more complicated.  It’s easier to manage to have a singular link.  “To report issues go HERE” rather than “to reports issues for pkg-XXX go HERE-XXX but to report issues for pkg-YYY go HERE-YYY"… Really, all the repos under iuscommunity-pkg are internal use.  End-user’s don’t need to care where the data lives for ‘php54u’ … the easier it is to engage people, the more likely it is they will engage.

Again, its a design issue with this use-case of GitHub so kinda just duct-taping it up to work for us.  All that said, I’m not involved with the day-to-day anymore so it might make more sense to manage issues individually across all the repos.

But that just like, my opinion man. ;)

---
BJ Dierkes
Data Folk Labs, LLC