ius-coredev team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #242609]: Are there any plans to load mysql 5.6.X for redhat 6?

Question #242609 on IUS Community Project changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ius/+question/242609

bharper proposed the following answer:
Hello Claudia,

Thanks for taking the time to contact IUS.  When Oracle first released
MySQL 5.6, our trusted DBAs had several concerns with 5.6 and thought it
was not ready for production.  With each new release, it has gotten
better.   We have done some work on mysql56u packages,  and they have
been available in the development repos.*  Earlier this week, I was
working on mysql56u-5.6.15 packages and they should be hitting the
development repos tomorrow.  I will be looking to get feedback from our
trusted DBAs.

We do have the following open bug regarding msyql56u, but we have not
been doing the greatest job with posting updates:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ius/+bug/1117674

* Last night, we had an automation issue and currently there are no mysql56u packages in the development repos.

-Ben

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of IUS
Core Development, which is an answer contact for IUS Community Project.