jfl-developers team mailing list archive

Re: Bespreking blueprint: brainstorm

> *How are classes given at the moment? *

Classes in the international Ubuntu community through *IRC* in combination
with *lernid*.
In the Ubuntu Netherlands Ubuntu-NL-Mwanzo decided to stop recommend *lernid
*, because it isn't very stable.
    If you're talking about schools IRL I can tell you that much primary
schools in the Netherlands have *interactive whiteboards* or also known as
smartboards. I think that most secondary schools use non-interactive
whiteboards and blackboards. My school has limited number of interactive
whiteboards.

*Are there problems with the current method?*

There are no problems with *IRC* as far as I know. IRC has less functions
than XMPP.
*Lernid* is currently a little bit unstable, so yes it is.
There are no problems with teaching at school with *interactive
whiteboards*although they could be used much and much more.

*Which features are requested by teachers?*

We have to do a survey to know answer that question
*
*

> *Are there any problems for users who want to join a class?*

I don't think so.

> *Are there repetitive commands, things, that can be automated?*

Why would we? Could you give more details?