keryx team mailing list archive

The not-so-perfect 10.10.10

Dear Team,

Quite a few users have reported that 0.92's Linux executable is not
working with Ubuntu 10.10. It seems that

1) Ubuntu no longer allows executables to be run from flash drives,
whether they are marked executable or not and
2) the 32-bit Linux binary is not playing nice with 64-bit installs.

Problem 2 has been around for some time, and users could work around
it by running Keryx from source. Problem 1 is new and prevents the
solution to Problem 2.

So far we have more questions than answers. I just wanted to let
everyone know what is going on because it will likely effect 1.0
development -- it may not be possible for 1.0 to be a portable
application.

mac9416

Follow ups