KiCAD patch and development

Dear KiCAD devs,

I am interested in helping out with developing the KiCAD project, but i
wanted to see if i could get a bit more information before i begin. I saw
there has been a sourceforge page started, but the sourceforge site doesn't
contain any files or bugs or anything. Are there plans to use sourceforge
for CVS/bug tracking or do use your own repository? I see a great
disconnect in all the pages associated with KiCAD. By this i mean you use
yahoo groups for your mailing lists and some file sharing, someone hosts a
wiki for the project which also contains a feature "to do" list and then
there are the two download pages. I believe, with perhaps exception of the
wiki, all of these could be hosted by sourceforge, but i won't push any
further into the matter. I just wanted to inquire as to whether or not it
has been thought about.

Now, regarding what development i am interested in. Aside from the "to do"
items listed on the wiki, i am interested in adding autoconfigure and
automake support to the project. If you are unfamiliar with these tools,
they help automate the build process by checking for all libraries that are
needed and automatically generating a Makefile for building (the ./configure
script found with a majority of software packages). This is extremely
helpful to those just starting to use the software and for using it on other
platforms. If there is no desire for this, I can certainly understand, but
would still highly recommend using these tools.

As i was digging through the code, i found a feature that i would like to
add. Namely, both eeschema and pcbnew support 'Control' and 'Shift' key
modifiers while using the mouse wheel, but the 3d-viewer does not. I have
created a patch to enable this feature in the 3d viewer as well. What is
the proper procedure for patch submission?

I probably first should have introduced myself, but if you are still reading
through this point, i will do so here. My name is Mark Schneider and i am a
senior at the University of Wisconsin, USA. As far as my experience goes,
I've been using C++ from high school through college and currently work in
embedded C. I have had one brush with wxWidgets for a project that I was
working on last semester in school, which is how i found out about the KiCad
project. I actively use CadSoft Eagle (a free for home use Schematic/PCB
layout editor) and more professional grade tools at work so I am somewhat
familiar with them. I would be interested in working on any parts of the
project that are on the "to do" list.

I hope that i may join your project and may bring my experience and time to
improve the KiCAD software.

Regards,
Mark Schneider
 ------=_Part_60765_32669514.1168830640820 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1

Dear KiCAD devs,<br><br>I am interested in helping out with developing the KiCAD project, but i wanted to see if i could get a bit more information before i begin.&nbsp; I saw there has been a sourceforge page started, but the
sourceforge site doesn&#39;t contain any files or bugs or anything.&nbsp; Are
there plans to use sourceforge for CVS/bug tracking or do use your own repository?&nbsp; I see a great disconnect in all the pages associated with KiCAD.&nbsp; By this i mean you use yahoo groups for your mailing lists and some file sharing, someone hosts a wiki for the project which also contains a feature &quot;to do&quot; list and then there are the two download pages.&nbsp; I believe, with perhaps exception of the wiki, all of these could be hosted by sourceforge, but i won&#39;t push any further into the matter.&nbsp; I just wanted to inquire as to whether or not it has been thought about.
and automake support to the project.&nbsp; If you are unfamiliar with these
tools, they help automate the build process by checking for all
libraries that are needed and automatically generating a Makefile for
building (the ./configure script found with a majority of software
packages).&nbsp; This is extremely helpful to those just starting to use the
software and for using it on other platforms.&nbsp; If there is no desire
for this, I can certainly understand, but would still highly recommend
using these tools.
to add.&nbsp; Namely, both eeschema and pcbnew support &#39;Control&#39; and &#39;Shift&#39; key
modifiers while using the mouse wheel, but the 3d-viewer does not.&nbsp; I
have created a patch to enable this feature in the 3d viewer as well.&nbsp;
What is the proper procedure for patch submission?<br><br>I probably first should have introduced myself, but if you are still reading through this point, i will do so here.&nbsp; My name is Mark Schneider and i am a senior at the University of Wisconsin, USA.&nbsp; As far as my experience goes, I&#39;ve been using C++ from high
school through college and currently work in embedded C.&nbsp; I have had
one brush with wxWidgets for a project that I was working on last
semester in school, which is how i found out about the KiCad project.&nbsp;
I actively use CadSoft Eagle (a free for home use Schematic/PCB layout
editor) and more professional grade tools at work so I am somewhat
familiar with them.&nbsp; I would be interested in working on any parts of

------=_Part_60765_32669514.1168830640820--