Re: Locking Modules & command keys

Hey -

That sounds completely sweet to me!

also, when is kicad going to get command keys, e.g. command-s, command-o command-f for open, save, find... I'll have a look into it myself, i guess, as time permits.

Tim

Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

Tim Hanson wrote:
> Hi Dick,
>
> I also find this annoying. I especially hate how, once a module is
> selected, the module origin snaps to the cursor position, instead of
> holding an offset to keep the module from moving.
>
> Also, the bounding box computation on some of the modules seems
> offset/inaccurate, so that it becomes difficult to select (say) a small
> cap. Have you seen this?

No, can you send me a small *.brd file that would be a test case?
> I would prefer with (B) personally - only modules on the present layer
> may be modified. (C) ought to be the default, too.
>
> Tim

"Only modules on the present layer" is not exactly what I wrote, but I
like your idea better. I think I have that coded already now. I'll
play with it a little tonight and then commit the changes in the
morning. Then we will have your B) and my C):

B) only modules on the present layer are subject to individual module
moves, rotations, or layer swaps, with the 'M', 'G', 'R' or 'S' hotkeys.

C) only unlocked modules are subject to the individual module moves,
rotations, or layer swaps, with the 'M', 'G', 'R' or 'S' hotkeys.

Lastly, I implemented the 'L' hotkey to quickly lock or unlock a module,
just by hovering over it and hitting the 'L' or 'l' key. The lock is
toggled.

Any objections?

Dick