Re: Greetings from a first time poster

--0-301976284-1184801984=:72993 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ascii

> > On this occasion, I have uploaded a copy of an updated version of the
> > gendrill.cpp file to the Files page, so I'm hoping that somebody else here will
> > subsequently take a look at it, and if they are happy with the changes I have
> > made, then check that file in.

> Thanks, fix looks good so I've committed it. In future please supply a
> patch against latest svn level, and for ones of that size just include
> the text in your email.

Thanks for committing that file for me, and for the advice on what to do in the future. (As you have now committed that file, I have since removed it from the Files page.)

> > (I am not set up to compile files on my own PC as of yet, but it is my
> > intention to be able to do so at the first opportunity. And any tips which
> > anyone else could provide me with in that regard would be appreciated,
>> such as a list of the files which I should acquire, the associated URLs, the
> > sequence in which I should install those files, etc.)

> Tip:
> - install linux (e.g. http://www.debian.org/)
> - install dependencies (e.g. (for debian) libx11-dev,
> libglu1-mesa-dev, libgl1-mesa-dev, mesa-common-dev,
> libwxbase2.6-dev, libwxgtk2.6-dev)
> - checkout svn trunk
> - make -f makefile.gtk

Thanks again for the above advice.

In the first instance I had envisaged installing the applications necessary to permit me to compile the source code for use on windows. That said, as I aspiring to contribute yet more bug fixes (as time permits), then there would be a lot to be said for being able to verify that they will also work with linux, rather than just with windows.

As it is, I have already done a small amount of dabbling with linux in recent times (version 4.0 of Debian, and version 5.1.1 of Knoppix, though I'm currently still trying to figure out how to connect to the internet through my Ethernet/USB ADSL modem with either of them), so I definitely will try to follow through on that as well.

> > And to avoid having to upload any more files to the Files page, I would also
> > be interested in being provided with the ability to be able to check in files to
> > some appropriate location.

> You'll need to catch the attention of a project admin to get write
> access to the svn repo.
>
> Richard.

If you are watching these messages Igor, I have recently signed up as a member of SourceForge.net. My User ID is 1848371 and my Login Name is g_harland (and I have already provided some details about my background and skills). I'm hoping that if you agree to me having write access to the svn repo, then you can also provide me with the pertinent details of what I should do whenever I would like to submit any prospective changes (such as the updated version of the pcbnew\gendrill.cpp file which I provided before).

(I don't envisage committing any files into the Trunk version, or at least not in the first instance, but presumably it is still possible for authorised people to be able to commit updated versions of files to other locations.)

Regards,
Geoff Harland.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Yahoo!7 Mail has just got even bigger and better with unlimited storage on all webmail accounts.

 --0-301976284-1184801984=:72993 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ascii

<DIV class=msgarea>&gt; &gt; On this occasion, I have uploaded a copy of an updated version of the<BR>&gt; &gt; gendrill.cpp file to the Files page, so I'm hoping that somebody else here will</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&gt;&nbsp;&gt;&nbsp;subsequently take a look at it, and if they are happy with the changes I have</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&gt;&nbsp;&gt;&nbsp;made, then check that file in.</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&gt; Thanks, fix looks good so I've committed it. In future please supply a<BR>&gt; patch against latest svn level, and for ones of that size just include<BR>&gt; the text in your email.</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>Thanks for committing that file for me, and for the advice on what to do in the future. (As you have now committed that file, I have since removed it from the Files page.)</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&gt; &gt; (I am not set up to compile files on my own PC as of yet, but it is my<BR>&gt; &gt; intention to be able to do so at the first opportunity. And any tips which</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&gt;&nbsp;&gt;&nbsp;anyone else could provide me with in that regard would be appreciated,</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&gt;&gt;&nbsp;such as a list of the files which I should acquire, the associated URLs, the</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&gt; &gt;&nbsp;sequence in which I should install those files, etc.)</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&gt; Tip:<BR>&gt; - install linux (e.g. <A href="http://www.debian.org/";><FONT color=#9136ad>http://www.debian.org/</FONT></A>)<BR>&gt; - install dependencies (e.g. (for debian) libx11-dev,<BR>&gt; libglu1-mesa-dev, libgl1-mesa-dev, mesa-common-dev,</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&gt; &nbsp;libwxbase2.6-dev, libwxgtk2.6-dev)<BR>&gt; - checkout svn trunk<BR>&gt; - make -f makefile.gtk</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea><SPAN class=unmark></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea><SPAN class=unmark></SPAN>Thanks again for the above advice.</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>In the first instance I had envisaged installing the applications necessary to permit me to compile the source code for use on windows. That said,&nbsp;as I aspiring&nbsp;to contribute yet more bug fixes (as time permits), then there would be a lot to be said&nbsp;for being able to verify that they will also work with linux, rather than just with windows.</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>As it is, I have already done a small amount of dabbling with linux in recent times&nbsp;(version 4.0 of Debian,&nbsp;and version 5.1.1 of Knoppix, though I'm currently&nbsp;still trying to figure out how to connect to the internet through my Ethernet/USB ADSL modem with either of them), so I definitely will try to follow through on that as well.</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&gt; &gt; And to avoid having to upload any more files to the Files page, I would also<BR>&gt; &gt; be interested in being provided with the ability to be able to check in files to</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&gt; &gt; some appropriate location.</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&gt; You'll need to catch the attention of a project admin to get write<BR>&gt; access to the svn repo.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Richard.</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>If you are watching these messages Igor, I have recently signed up as a member of SourceForge.net. My User ID is 1848371 and my Login Name is g_harland (and I have already provided some details about my background and skills). I'm hoping that if you agree to me having write access to the svn repo, then you can also provide me with the pertinent details of what I should do whenever I would like to submit any prospective changes (such as the updated version of the pcbnew\gendrill.cpp file which I provided before).</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>(I don't envisage&nbsp;committing any files into the Trunk version, or at least not in the first instance, but presumably it is still possible for authorised people to be able to&nbsp;commit updated versions of files to other locations.)</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>Geoff Harland.</DIV>
<DIV class=msgarea>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></div><br>

<hr size=1>

Follow ups