Re: Mac OS X port

I didn't make any changes to kicad code and also compiled universal
binary but it just didn't work on my ppc (the compilation was on Intel
machine and I checked the result with file command).
As the last resort I've published a short description of the procedure:
http://www.japina.eu/blog-eng/index.php/post/102/

On 7/26/07, Marius Kintel <kintel@...> wrote:

On 26. jul. 2007, at 16:42, Boštjan Jerko wrote:

> I've compiled it the old fashioned unix way - so no apps.
> But the problem is/was with compiled binaries. They only work on my
> mac's and I had to make separate compilation for Intel machine and one
> for the ppc machine.

OK, I'll make a try going back to a non-bundle build.

What problems do you have with the binaries?
Building universal binaries should be quite simple, and the Mac OS X
makefiles already do this.

I guess you made some changes in the source code or build system,
since KiCAD builds app bundles by default. If you send me your
changes (preferrably against the latest SVN source), I can look at it
and see what I can do.

I don't have time to look at this until after August though.

~/= Marius

--
We are Elektropeople for a better living.

mag./M.Sc. Boštjan Jerko
Boštjan Jerko-Japina s.p., Raziskovanje in razvoj novih tehnologij
Boštjan Jerko-Japina s.p., Research and development of new technologies

Elektronika/Electronics,
Software/Programi: http://www.japina.eu
slo. blog:	http://www.japina.eu/blog-slo
Eng. blog:	http://www.japina.eu/blog-eng