Re: Mac & "invalid context"

On 28. okt. 2007, at 11:13, jean-pierre charras wrote:

In this case, the Devices Contexts are differents...
The first DC is relative to the main draw area (the main panel), and the
second is relative to an other panel.

Just to clarify this (as I read through some more sources):
Both DCs refer to the same top-level window, but to different containers (panels) within this window. Device Contexts on Mac are associated with the top-level window. Thus, the DC's are the same.

I don't know how this is implemented on other platforms, i.e. what is the definition of "window" wrt. wxDC contexts.

Are we allowed to use a wxClientDC initialized for one panel to draw into another panel of these belong to the same window, alternatively, could we initialize a wxClientDC for the top-level container and use this to draw into all panels?

~/= Marius

--
We are Elektropeople for a better living.