Re: new bug? related to wxwidgets?

--0-635096047-1193992246=:95605 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1

Dick Hollenbeck wrote (in message 671):
> jean-pierre charras - INPG wrote:
> > I had a look to the cvpcb source.
> > The focus is lost because there is in setvisu.cpp the line:
> >
> > DrawFrame->SetFocus();
> > which switches the focus.
> >
> > I do not remember why i wrote this line. (i think to use the F1 and F2
> > keys to change the zoom level)
> >
> > This line can be commented.
> >
> OK, but Geoff gets credit for the idea, and I'm sure he could have fixed
> it too. :)
=20
I'm flattered by your assessment of my diagnostic skills. :-) Before seein=
g Jean-Pierre's message, I had taken a brief look at the code for cvpcb, bu=
t I didn't find anything at that time. Given enough time though, I guess th=
at I probably would have found it sooner or later, but it's now hypothetica=
l as to how long it actually would have taken me.

> The mentioned fix does not break the linux version. I just compiled
> and tested it.
=20
After looking at the source code, my assessment is that the Linux version *=
should* have behaved in the same way as the Windows version (i.e. focus sho=
uld have been on the cvpcb window, rather than on the footprint window). Bu=
t your report is still very illuminating, as it now seems to me that there =
is almost certainly a problem with the SetFocus() command within the Linux =
version (of wxWidgets).

In a change which I committed a while back, the bitmap button receiving the=
initial focus within the "Colors" dialog is now *supposed* to be the butto=
n whose color matches that of the color currently assigned to the layer who=
se color is currently being edited. That actually does happen in the Window=
s version (or at least on my PC), but it *doesn't* also happen in the Linux=
version (or at least not on my PC).

Before hearing of your experience (with cvpcb) and looking at the source co=
de for cvpcb, I had been under the impression that the issue with the "Colo=
rs" dialog could have been confined to my PC (for whatever reason) - but I =
now consider that the SetFocus() command for Linux is almost certainly in n=
eed of attention.

> So if it fixes the windows version, then somebody can check this one off
> at the sourceforge bug or feature list.
=20
I agree that this particular issue can now be considered rectified, but it =
has still highlighted that there is almost certainly an issue with the SetF=
ocus() command for Linux.
=20
(I know it has been some time between now and the messages which I am curre=
ntly responding to, but I have not had too much spare time during the past =
week. But while I have the chance, I will try and deal with the backlog of =
messages which I want to respond to.)
=20
Regards,
Geoff Harland.

=20=20=20=20=20=20
National Bingo Night. Play along for the chance to win $10,000 every week. =
Download your gamecard now at Yahoo!7 TV. http://au.blogs.yahoo.com/nationa=
l-bingo-night/

 --0-635096047-1193992246=:95605 Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

ad><body><div style=3D"font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;=
font-size:12pt"><DIV>Dick Hollenbeck wrote (in message 671):</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;&nbsp;jean-pierre charras - INPG wrote:<BR>&gt; &gt; I had a look =
to the cvpcb source.<BR>&gt; &gt; The focus is lost because there is in set=
visu.cpp the line:<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; DrawFrame-&gt;SetFocus();<BR>&=
gt; &gt; which switches the focus.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; I do not remem=
ber why i wrote this line. (i think to use the F1 and F2<BR>&gt; &gt; keys =
to change the zoom level)<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; This line can be commen=
ted.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; OK, but Geoff gets credit for the idea, and I'm s=
ure he could have fixed<BR>&gt; it too. :)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm flattered by your assessment of my diagnostic skills. :-)&nbsp; Be=
fore seeing Jean-Pierre's message,&nbsp;I had taken a brief look at the cod=
e for cvpcb, but&nbsp;I didn't find anything at that time. Given enough tim=
e though, I guess that I probably would have found it sooner or later, but =
it's now hypothetical as to how long it actually would have taken me.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>&gt; The mentioned fix does not break the linux version. I just co=
mpiled<BR>&gt; and tested it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>After looking at the source code, my assessment is that the Linux vers=
ion *should* have behaved in the same way as the Windows version (i.e. focu=
s should have been on the cvpcb window, rather than on the footprint window=
). But your report is still very illuminating, as it now seems to me that t=
here is almost certainly a problem with the SetFocus() command within the L=
inux version (of wxWidgets).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>In a change which I committed a while back, the bitmap button receivin=
g the initial focus within the "Colors" dialog is now&nbsp;*supposed* to be=
the button whose color matches that of the color currently assigned to the=
layer whose color is currently being edited. That actually does happen in =
the Windows version (or at least on my PC), but it *doesn't* also happen in=
the Linux version (or at least not on my PC).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Before hearing of your experience (with cvpcb) and looking at the sour=
ce code for cvpcb, I had been under the impression that the issue with the =
"Colors" dialog could have been confined to my PC (for whatever reason) - b=
ut I now consider that the SetFocus() command for Linux is almost certainly=
in need of attention.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>&gt; So if it fixes the windows version, then somebody can check t=
his one off<BR>&gt; at the sourceforge bug or feature list.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I agree that this particular issue can now be considered rectified, bu=
t it has still highlighted that there is almost certainly an issue with&nbs=
p;the SetFocus() command for Linux.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>(I know it has been some time between now and the messages which I am =
currently responding to, but&nbsp;I have not had too much spare time during=
the past week. But while I have the chance, I will try and deal with the b=
acklog of messages which I want to respond to.)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>Geoff Harland.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></div><br>

<hr size=3D1>
National Bingo Night. Play along for the chance to win $10,000 every week. =
u.blogs.yahoo.com/national-bingo-night/" target=3D_blank>Download your game=
card now at Yahoo!7 TV</a>.