Re: CMAKE

Hi,

2007/11/9, Dick H. <dick@...>:

> Igor,
>
> This is very interesting work you have done. I was able to build the
> system under linux with your cmake scripts!
>
> The instructions for the "out of tree" build did not work in the way I
> expected though. It looks like the build still took place in tree.
>
> However, previously to trying the out of tree build, I had done the
> makefile generation step in tree, before I subsequently did the
> makefile generation step out of tree. Don't know if this is the
> reason for the out of tree method to not happen as I expected.
>
> All the above, after following your install.txt instructions.
>
> I wonder if we can add options for 1) PYTHON, 2) DEBUG, and 3)
> "shared/static with respect to the wxWidgets library". If you can do
> these 3, then I would say the linux support is complete.
>
> Maybe someone else will step up and try and complete the Windows and
> MAC OSX support for/with you.
>
> Dick Hollenbeck
> SoftPLC Corporation
> http://softplc.com

Quote from the CMake wiki:

I run an out-of-source build but CMake generates in-source anyway. Why?

This means that there is a CMakeCache.txt file in the source tree,
possibly as part of an existing in-source build. If CMake is given the
path to a directory with a CMakeCache.txt file, it assumes the
directory is a build tree. Therefore if one runs "cmake ../mysrc" to
build out-of-source but there is a mysrc/CMakeCache.txt file then
cmake will treat mysrc as the build tree.

This is a side-effect of the feature that allows "cmake ." to be used
to regenerate a build tree. The behavior will not be changed because
mixing in-source and out-of-source builds is not safe anyway
(configured headers may be found in the wrong place).

Regards,
Mateusz