Re: About Zones

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jean-pierre charras
<jean-pierre.charras@...> wrote:

> Some interesting things in freePCB (only for windows)
> In sources (written in C++) I found some algos about polygons.

Jean-Pierre,

I looked at this today, not the code yet but the program and users
manual. There are some good ideas here.

The manual says that as you move a thru hole component onto a zone,
the software automatically connects the component pins which have the
same net to the zone.

Whereas if you move a SMD component onto a zone, this does not happen
unless it is on the same layer. Then all you need to do is add a
"stub track" which is a short track from the SMD pad to a via. Done.

I hope we can find time to make this happen, there's just never enough
of it, time that is. :(

Until I hear from you on this, I guess I'll try and squeeze in the DRC
dialog changes that I put into the todo.txt file. I may have a couple
of days time this coming week.

Dick Hollenbeck
SoftPLC Corporation
http://softplc.com