Re: Orcad 2 Kicad conversion

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cmcdowell_home"
<cmcdowell_home@...> wrote:

> Frank,
>
> Thanks for your help. I have identified the problem. It appears
> your program will not work completely unless you run it from
> either the commandline or create a batch script.
>
> Example:
> If you just try to drag and drop an EDIF file (example PS10.EDF)on
> top of the e2sch.exe program (i.e your edif2kicad target)you only
> get the schematic and the project file.
>
> However, if you create a batch file with the following:
> "e2sch.exe PS10.EDF". It works and you get all the files you
> mentioned in your prior email. {.lib,.sch,.pro}.
>
> Thanks for your help sounds like your program is the one to go with
> I have not done anything with it but its doing what you said.
>
> Also, I had one heck of a time getting the BISON program working
> correctly. I would suggest also posting the C file that it creates.
> Otherwise it will discourage many people from using your great
> program.
>
> Charles

Charles:
The source files (and Bison) make just fine under Cygwin for windows
(www.cygwin.com) or Linux:
$ svn co https://edif2kicad.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/edif2kicad
$ make
not sure what you are using under Windows but I just released
e2schEXE.zip which includes the *.exe files made and zipped under
Cygwin that you might want to give a try since ftp to
upload.sourceforge.net was acting weird...

Sorry about the drag and drop problem, Cygwin is the only Windows
IDE I have available.
-Frank