Re: Re: Orcad 2 Kicad conversion

Dick:
This will be great for OrCad version 10 option.
Does the spectra dsn format include schematic information?

No. You are correct. I was not thinking clearly. The specctra dsn format reminds me of a "pcb format" not a schematic format, and it seems to have thought of most everything a pcb file would need to contain. If ever we were thinking of switching file formats for PCBNEW, this format would have to be on the table.
Would not the process still be to enter or capture a schematic, assign footprints, define board outline/keep out areas, place the parts then export for auto-route?

Yes.
The EDIF standard was also designed to handle layout but it didn't
seem to catch on in the PC/PCB part of the industry, and then only
a few such as OrCad even support EDIF for schematic in/out.

Sun is out, 38 degrees, I'm off to recoop my investment of shoveling
the tennis courts.

Yes, I enjoy tennis too, twice a week.

Dick

Frank