Re: eeschema: how to handle component references on multiple duplicated subsheet

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tim Hanson" <tim@...> wrote:

> Hi Dick,

:
:
> I'll just keep modifying my branch until there
> is overbearing reason to use it (like import gEDA files..)

Recently I have been working on a bridge (specctra import/export).

Building bridges, I have come to realize recently, is
a great value proposition. All the value on the other
side of the bridge comes to you, merely for the cost of
building the bridge.

The gEDA import is interesting. Four paths come to mind:

File type____________convert__________import__
eeschema symbols 1 2
pcbnew footprints 3 4

We could pursue either batch converters, or we could pursue
an abstract import API which would allow Kicad to use the gEDA
libraries directly, with "on the fly conversion", as
the file is read in.

Of course, I'd prefer 2 and 4 in the above matrix, and I want them
done tomorrow. :)

Boy, that felt good. (I'm usually on the other end of that type of
interchange.)

Dick