Re: Re: eeschema: how to handle component references

Tim Hanson a écrit :

Hi Dick,

Yes, I have been worried about the fact that this may piss a number of
people off. The changes are very significant -- I've modified at
least half of the files in eeschema/. A branch seems like a very
reasonable way to handle this design change, and integrate changes as
I get feedback. I will investigate it, but, of course, I hope that it
will ultimately be used in the distribution, especially given all the
work I've put into it! I'll just keep modifying my branch until there
is overbearing reason to use it (like import gEDA files..)

Yes, a branch seems like very reasonable, if your changes 50 % files in eeschema, and involve changes in other tools. About XXX_SCREEN classes, i believe it is better to have only one class (BASE_SCREEN), not virtual. in pcbnew , the PCB_SCREEN handles data which must be, in fact in a BOARD structure, and pcbnew should use only the BASE_SCREEN class. SCH_SCREEN could be a specific class (something like class SchematicContainer, which uses if needed the BASE_SCREEN class)

in fact XXX_SCREEN classes are very badly designed (i apologize), and main classes used to handle data might be a SchematicContainer in eeschema,
and a BOARD class in pcbnew (and perhaps gerbview also)
BASE_SCREEN could be usefull to only handle graphic info and functions (zoom, cursor position ..) common to eeschema and pcbnew.

If ok I'll see how to remove PCB_SCREEN from pcbnew, cvpcb and gerbview (and therefore use only the BASE_SCREEN class).

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS
Maître de conférences

Recherche :
Grenoble Image Parole Signal Automatique (GIPSA - INPG)
46, Avenue Félix Viallet
38031 Grenoble Cedex