Re: Re: specctra compilation under windows

It compiles now.

I have an other problem, but not with kicad.
Last version of boost does not build under mingw and windows, because a boost ececutable used in the boost build process crashes.
So at this time i am not able to try the specctra export under windows.
I'll test it asap under linux.

Jean-Pierre,

I am confused about your comments on boost. I don't see why there should be anything to "build". I may be wrong, because I am not a "boost C++ library" expert, but I think it is simply a matter of having the header files in a place where the C++ compiler can find them during a Kicad compile. I think the "Boost C++ Library" that we need is only header files. Only header files.

As far as I know, the "Boost C++ Library" is simply a bunch of *.hpp files that you use when you compile your stuff. There may not be anything to build.

I simply did a SVN check out as shown below, and I would think this will work on Windows too. As you see in step 7) of Kicad's how-build-kicad.txt, the GCC 4.2 gave me grief with the latest "released" of "Boost C++ Library", so I had to go to the boost c++ subversion repository which evidently has a fix in it for GCC >= version 4.2. Try this on both linux and windows:

$ md <some boost c++ place>

$ cd <some boost c++ place>

$ svn co https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk .

Then add this <some boost c++ plac> as an additional include directory when compiling Kicad. Of course this will happen in part by running C Make. But since you are using a non-standard <some boost c++ place*> directory, you have to give CMake a hint by editing the CMakeCache.txt file as given on line 165 of how-to-build-kicad.txt.

Read the info near line 165 first. Then do the SVN check out.

--
Best Regards,

Dick