Re: Re: specctra compilation under windows

Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :
It compiles now.

I have an other problem, but not with kicad.
Last version of boost does not build under mingw and windows, because a boost ececutable used in the boost build process crashes.
So at this time i am not able to try the specctra export under windows.
I'll test it asap under linux.

Jean-Pierre,

I am confused about your comments on boost. I don't see why there should be anything to "build". I may be wrong, because I am not a "boost C++ library" expert, but I think it is simply a matter of having the header files in a place where the C++ compiler can find them during a Kicad compile. I think the "Boost C++ Library" that we need is only header files. Only header files.

You are rigth.
My problem (an undefinite symbol, and only one) was due to a problem in my mingw installation. I was confused because boost has a build procedure and tools (with configure and makefiles).
It seems this build is not really necessary.

Now I know the problem (at link time) is due to libstdc++ and differences between version from gcc 3.4 a nd 4.2.

My mingw installation mixes gcc 3.4 (the default, easy to install) and gcc 4.2..1 (install by hands, but i prefer this this version because it detects more errors than gcc 3.4 ). And this creates a problem for one library: libstdc++ (i believe gcc 4.2.1 used some 3.4.1 libraries, in my mingw install).

I found the same problem under linux if I mix libstdc++ version 3.4 and compilation under gcc 4.1

But this problem is specific to my kicad static build (i use static link with as many libraries as possible, to avoid library version problems, for end users). When using the "normal" build (using current libraries from the linux distribution), it works fine.

Jean-Pierre CHARRAS

Maître de conférences
Directeur d'études 2ieme année.
Génie Electrique et Informatique Industrielle 2
Institut Universitaire de Technologie 1 de Grenoble
BP 67, 38402 St Martin d'Heres Cedex

Recherche :
GIPSA-LIS - INPG
46, Avenue Félix Viallet