Re: Re: KiCad tree change proposition

May be better to move "help" to the "docs/help". This is just for easier
packaging of releases.
To many people want to save traffic and do not want to download huge
KiCad portion with docs.
Another reason is - docs do not so frequently changed as programs.

This may be a good compromise. My concern is that help files should keep their own directory, someplace.

A2. "library" ---> "library/symbols" .
A3. "modules/packages3d " ---> "library/3d- shapes".
A3. "modules" ---> "library/footprints ".

I am afraid this could creates some troubles with old kicad users.
In particular, when updating and old kicad tree which have footprints in
kicad/modules, if a new library/footprints is created,
where pcbnew or cvpcb must look for footprints ? (assuming the old user
does not delete one directory.)
And how an user knows the directory beeing really used ?

Please explain to me: How the programs search for librarys?
Is there a possibility to write in a project the list of used librarys
names separately from library search paths?
I prefer to store my own librarys not in KiCad library folder (for
example in a shared folder on windows server).

Maybe a couple of scripts can be written to move stuff around for the users who need to migrate to this newer directory structure: a *.bat file for windows and a shell script for everything else. Once the standard library files are "where they belong", doesn't the problem go away?
Jean-Pierre, would this address your concern?

Dick