Re: Re: KiCad tree change proposition

> > Please explain to me: How the programs search for librarys?
> > Is there a possibility to write in a project the list of used librarys
> > names separately from library search paths?
> > I prefer to store my own librarys not in KiCad library folder (for
> > example in a shared folder on windows server).

And not at one server!

The ordinary user doesn't have rights to write files at folders where
KiCad installed and can't save own libs.

> Maybe a couple of scripts can be written to move stuff around for the
> users who need to migrate to this newer directory structure: a *.bat
> file for windows and a shell script for everything else. Once the
> standard library files are "where they belong", doesn't the problem go
> away?
>
> Jean-Pierre, would this address your concern?
>
> Dick
I think my bad english doesn't allow me to ask what I want :-)

I surprised when understand such thing:
KiCad doesn't allow to use more than one path to the librarys.

Is it possible to add support for infinite number of library locations?
I talk about the dialog "Preferences/Libs and dirs" impovement (at
bottom field "Default Library paths").
Better to change this to a list of path values and implement buttons
"Add", "Delete" (selected field with path value).

Of course, this require some changes in sources to support this new feature.

What do you think?
--
Igor