Re: Build/install issues for 20080313-r890

Hi Neil,

The makefile system has been replaced by the CMake system.

Does this problem exist with the cmake build environment? It is possible that the last person out of the room did not turn off the lights, meaning:

perhaps nobody is using the makefiles any more, they are all using the cmake files, and when the help files were moved recently in the svn repository, it did not occur to anybody to update the out of use makefiles. By turning out the lights, that would be tantamount to deleting the makefiles.

But then, again, you may have said "makefiles" and meant cmake files, therefore I am asking since email has proven to be prone to mis-communications.

Dick

Hi,

I have been packaging 20080313-r890 on Archlinux and have come across
a number of issues:

1) The master makefile still expects "help" at the top-level of the
source tree although it now resides under "doc" in kicad-doc. This
requires relocation of the help directory after extraction (also see
3, later).

2) The "help" makefile installs to $PREFIX/share/doc/kicad instead of
$PREFIX/share/doc/kicad/help. This results in the various programs not
being able to find their help files.

3) I understand the sense behind splitting the source into 3 separate
tarballs but having kicad-doc and kicad-library extract into similarly
named directories is a real pain for packagers. Could it be changed so
that all tarballs extract to the directory "kicad"?

- Neil Darlow