Re: EESchema XOR-Artifacts

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...> wrote:

> Frank Bennett wrote:
> > --- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@> wrote:
> >
> >> Frank,
> >>
> >> I don't think that is new behavior. The board I have been
working on
> >> forever was positioned at the origin, and its been happening to
me for
> >> over a year:
> >>
> >> The yellow boarder is not drawn properly if it coincides with the
> >>
> > origin.
> >
> >> This is not new behavior.
> >>
> > I will accept this answer. I guess I have not used pcbnew that
> > much....the last primitive drawn should win, ok, but the color
> > mix (blue+red=magenta? or is it cyan?) track above U1-2 is most
> > annoying...s/b either blue or red.
> >

> That track is on an *inner* layer, so it gets a different color. Your
> red and blue are for external layers.

Actually you didn't look close enough. There is a component
trace from the U1-2 up to the Via. But the reason I respond
is that pcbnew does not draw the current layer last. This
is a handy feature while adding tracks, I was used to in PCB12
...someday, maybe somebody or I will add this feature to pcbnew!

I did an export specctra of my lcd.brd design and see I need to
add a feature that outputs the pin nets from XML4PCB inorder to
try the free-router.

more later,
Frank