Kicad versioning

Hallo gentlemen,

I'd like to reopen discussion about Kicad (what is the right way to write it?) version numbering.

For now we have this 20080320 number. This is IMO version number of some immature project without conception or policy. I know Gentoo is numbered this way, but in that case it's project with regular release dates (every 6 months or so).

IMHO it's time to start number it 'standard' way. We can start with 2.0 as Kicad is pretty mature project. Then we can continue with 2.1 (when Specctra export is finished) and so on.

That is my personal suggestion.

Milan

Follow ups