Re: XML import to pcbnew

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jean-pierre charras
<jean-pierre.charras@...> wrote:

> Frank Bennett a �crit :
> >
> I saw your board.
> There is a lot of problems:
>
> - Some examples: vias are flagged "through" (i.e. from layer 0 (copper)
> to layer 15 (component) but the param m_Layer said from inner 1 to
inner 3.
> Such vias are blind or buried vias.
>
> - at location 0.2400, 0.5300 there are 2 superimposed vias (a XOR mode
> redraw could be have problems, and a board manufacturer also...))
>
> And I found a lot of strange things (components layer is component and
> layer pad is copper. This is possible for some components (like a PC
bus
> , usually not for smd components)
> And their outlines are put on an adhesive layer ( this is possible, but
> usually they are on silkscreen layers, an adhesive layer is intended to
> draw components like sink heater)
>
> This may be an explanation for some problems.

Thanks jean-pierre,

I have checked in a better svn version for project XML4PCB
with a better layer assignments, $GENERAL, $SETUP and pin nets
but I don't get any ratsnet or any network in the dsn export.
Could you take a quick look to see what I am missing in the brd
file...examples/txpr.brd is a partially routed, simple example.

I also would propose we add a Net Name tag to the $TRACK
specification...should be backward compatible, might help simplify
the ratsnet code and enable an export netlist from pcbnew.

thanks again,
Frank