Re: Bug 1918746: EESCHEMA File Format Versions

Jonas Diemer wrote:
Hi,

around r750, we have lost backwards compatibility in eeschema when hierarchical sheets are used. Lifekidyeaa, you were involved in that, so I assigned the bug to you. :-)

Maybe we should improve handling of such cases, e.g. warning on a File Version mismatch and possibly offering an export option.

Best regards.

Jonas,

Can you be more specific please. You want to be able to write out a *.sch file to a format version that is understandable by an earlier version of eeschema than the version which is doing the writing?

And you want to do this using a version of eeschema which has put features into the file that the older eeschema never understood?

I am wanting to understand, and I am probably not alone. Perhaps I do not understand.

Dick