Re: Re: Build r1059 / r1060

Frank Bennett wrote:
--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Frank Bennett" <bennett78@...> wrote:

I just checked in a EEschema feature to Backannotate
Footprints from a stuff file back into a schematic.

Frank,

Problems with this new file:

1) This file eeschema/backanno.cp did not compile when built for UNICODE. Most developers are using the unicode builds to catch these kinds of errors. The ASCII build will often compile where the UNICODE build will not. So it is easiest simply to use the UNICODE development environment. It compiles for UNICODE, but I did not test my changes by running this new function, ProcessStuffFile().

2) Ran the result through uncrustify.

3) The DOXYGEN program wants and needs your function comment to go into the header file, not in the *.cpp, and it needs to be like a Javadoc comment. I know that there are plenty of other examples in the code which do not do this, but those are not recently written functions. In the last year as Jean-Pierre and I have written new code, we have tried to get a decent DOXYGEN output from the comments.

More below:

eeschema builds, but pcbnew has some trouble. What is missing?

Just the Debug cmake build, the Release build is ok.

CMakeFiles/cvpcb.dir/__/__/__/pcbnew/class_edge_mod.o: In function
`EDGE_MODULE::Show(int, std::basic_ostream<char,
std::char_traits<char> >&)':
/s/opt/svn/kicad/trunk/kicad/pcbnew/class_edge_mod.cpp:550: undefined
reference to `BOARD_ITEM::ShowShape(Track_Shapes)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I added class_board_item.* to the cvpcb build.

Dick